Research & Development: -
NISST undertakes industrial research in different areas of Secondary Steel Sector. The research may involve problems regarding Production, Quality Improvements and New Product Developments. The Institute has been recognised by DSIR (Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India) as an R&D organization. The major areas under the research activities are:
- Rolling Mills
- Induction Furnaces
- Electric Arc Furnaces
- Cupola Furnaces
- Pollution related activities in secondary steel sector
In recent years many small and medium projects have been undertaken in the above areas. The important projects undertaken in recent times are:
- Developmentof Micro alloyed Steels through Induction Furnaces and Controlled Rolling Route
- Rationalisation of flywheel parameters in rolling mill
- Roll Pass Design Improvement through FEA and Fuzzy Logic Techniques
- Solution of problems of surface cracks in Chrome-Manganese Steel Rolled products.
- Combustion/Thermal efficiency improvement in Reheating Furnaces in rolling mills
NISST is capable of undertaking industrial sponsored research in steel secondary sector as per demands of the industry.